There’s enough stress going around during tax season – trying to find receipts, keeping track of them, understanding deductibles, deciding whether to work with a Tax Consultant in Atlanta, GA or figuring it out yourself, and of course, the stress that comes with managing money in general. After everything is finally filed, you may be tempted to simply get on with your life and forget all about tax headaches. However, this isn’t very wise, as the next tax season will be here sooner than you realize. Now is the time to take a few essential steps in making taxes less of a burden.
- Start a Tax Folder for Next Year – At the bare minimum, prepare a folder labeled with the new year’s date and an “Income Taxes” header. This is the first step in organizing yourself for the upcoming tax season.
- Make Two Copies of Your Current Tax Return – Place one copy in your new folder. This will make sure that you’re not scrambling to find all the information you need next year and all the data will be safely filed away and available whenever you need it.
- Schedule Your Paperwork and Payments – Be sure to check the due dates for next year’s paperwork or payments and log them into your calendar. This includes everything from sales tax payments to W2/1099 filings.
- Think About Where You Could Improve – While filing taxes is fresh in your mind, try to think about what things you could have done differently and write them down. Any idea that makes filing taxes less of a hassle is usually a good one.
- Consider Opening a Separate Share Draft Account – If you have to pay taxes year-round, open a separate account to help budget and track the costs.
- Schedule Bookkeeping Once a Month – Instead of letting a year’s worth of bookkeeping pile up, pick a day each month to work on your taxes. This will help you manage the process better and help you keep your sanity.
It goes without saying that tax season causes stress. At Fricke & Associates, the last thing we want is for you to feel overwhelmed by taxes – that’s why we’re here. Our specialized team of certified accountants will help you make wise financial decisions. Your success causes our success. Call us today at 770-216-2226 for all your Tax Services Near Atlanta, GA!